Catapult is an accelerator program for ambitious artists and creative entrepreneurs who are ready to bring their work to market. Catapult aims to improve the entrepreneurial skills and business networks for its participants, and to foster and culture of entrepreneurship in New Brunswick’s arts sector. This program is specialized for the needs of artists, and includes business skills boot camps, one-on-one coaching, and mentorships from individuals operating at the top of their field. Participants will be oriented towards export as well as local sales opportunities.
Catapult 2.0 will help you:
- Articulate your career and business-related goals
- Find strategic ways to balance creative integrity and commercial viability
- Become familiar with business basics, like business modelling, marketing, branding, pricing and financial planning
- Adopt the skills necessary for long-term success, like time management, outsourcing, and augmenting your capacity to monetize your
work and/or time
- Learn about accessing export markets through online sales platforms
- 8 weekly sessions of 1.5 days each (on weekends only)
- Structured boot camps on key topics during weekly sessions
- Guest speakers drawn from both the business and arts community
- Mentor-matching (24 hours offered over 12 months, arranged by ArtsLink NB)
- Regular one-on-one meetings with Accelerator Coordinator
Final selection will be completed by August 31, 2017 and successful applicants will be contacted by this date.
- Individual artists/cultural works, as well as groups or collectives
- ArtsLink NB membership (if not already a member, enrol online at www.artslinknb.com)
How to Apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “CATAPULT Application”, the following:
- Cover letter articulating your interest in the program and why you would be a good candidate. Tell us about your creative practice and entrepreneurial goals. What do you hope to gain from the program? If there is a particular product, business challenge, or commercial opportunity you would like to explore in the context of the accelerator, please describe it.
- 3 samples of work (you may also include a link to online portfolio or relevant social media)
The Fall 2017 session takes place in Fredericton, NB, and will begin September 9, 2017.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.