They will be choosing between 3-5 One Act scripts for development and production in their June Script Happens production (June 13-16, 2018).
Please note that selected playwrights must be from the Maritime Provinces (NB, NS, PEI) and be available to have their plays dramaturged in a workshop in early November, 2017.
Deadline for submissions is August 30th, 2017.
Script Happens is a development wing of the Saint John Theatre Company designed to provide an avenue to foster the growth of emerging playwrights, directors and actors. Funding has been provided by Canadian Heritage and the Province of New Brunswick.
- Running time limit: up to 60 minutes
- 1-6 characters
- Keep in mind that the performance space is relatively small, making elaborate sets and frequent scene changes difficult.
- Submissions should include full contact information, including phone number, email and postal addresses. This is very important.
- Scripts will be given blind readings, so we ask that each submission have the writer’s name on the cover page only.
- Each page of the script should include the title and page number.
Electronic copies of the scripts will be accepted and may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure these are
compatible with Microsoft Word.
Scripts may also be mailed or dropped off to: Saint John Theatre Company, 112 Princess Street, Saint John, NB, E2L 1K4 Attn: Script Happens Selection Committee
For more info click here.