It’s not that we hate dulse. In fact, we think it’s really awesome. But there are many other scrumptious (and more filling) delicacies in Saint John that you can brag to your friends back home about.
1) The Newfie Steak Sandwich from Port City Royal
Port City Royal prides itself on taking East Coast cuisine to the next level. Boy, do they ever.
2) Pan Seared Blackened Atlantic Halibut from Britt’s Pub and Eatery
Locally caught halibut in a house-blackening rub, finished with a sweet corn pico de gallo.
3) Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwich from Peddlers Creek
If you’re craving BBQ done right, check out Peddlers Creek in Quispamsis (just outside the city). They also have an outpost location uptown in Brunswick Square.
You. Are. Welcome.
4) Seared Sea Scallops from Decimal 81
Say that 5 times really fast.
5) Lobster Rolls from Saint John Ale House
Like dulse, lobster is famously associated with our province.
If you’re going to do it, do it right! They literally shuck a 2 lb lobster and use all of the meat in each giant lobster roll.
6) Taco al Pastor from Taco Pica
HOW COULD YOU NOT? Just look at this!
7) Falafel from Taste Of Egypt
It’s an awfully good falafel.
8) Burgers from Churchill’s Bar and Pub
Sometimes, you just need a good burg. Here, you can trick it out however you want. For real.
9) Butter Chicken from Thandi
It’s ok. You can lick your screen. We won’t judge.
10) Pretty much everything from the Saint John City Market
With over 30 vendors, you think we’re messing around?