The Saint John Police will be conducting an Aggressive Driving Campaign between July 17-23, 2022. Through education and enforcement, Traffic Management Officers will target moving offences that endanger other persons or property including, but not limited to speeding, tailgating, unsafe lane changes, disobeying traffic control devices, and driving without due care and attention.
According to the Transport Canada, speeding was a contributing factor in 25.3% of fatal collisions in 2020.
- Follow the speed limit
- Be patient and minimize lane changes
- Use turn signals
- Allow other drivers to merge or change lanes
- Avoid distractions when driving
- Maintain adequate following distance
- Slow down for construction zones and comply with the posted signs
- Drivers convicted of moving offences are subject to fines and loss of demerit points
- Fines are doubled in construction zones
- Criminal Code driving offences can result in incarceration
Together a safe, secure, healthy community