SAINT JOHN – The last cruise ship has left for the year, signalling the end of the tourism season. The local hospitality industry celebrated Thursday night with a gala awards dinner attended by more than 200 people at the Saint John Trade and Convention Centre.
The Hospitality Saint John Tourism Awards were given out in several categories recognizing the contributions of individuals and businesses.
Loved The Service Award Winners
These awards were presented to front-line service providers nominated by their patrons for exemplary hospitality and service. Thousands of nominations were collected through ballots at participating establishments and online at LovedTheService.ca.
- Liz Comeau, Lily’s Lakeside
- Kacidy MacArthur, Cora’s Parkway Mall
- Alli Dykeman, Discover Saint John
- Sam Merrithew, Thandi
- Denise Gallant, Inspire Collections
- Edna Reed, Vito’s Rothesay Avenue
- Kaela Grant, Saint John Ale House
- Rosanne Speight, China Kitchen
- Whitney Knox, Element5 Spa
- Jordan Tracey, Saint John Ale House
Trip Advisor Accommodation Awards
These awards recognize the top accommodation providers in the region in two categories, as determined by scores from Trip Advisor.
- Hotel/Motel: Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- Inns/Bed & Breakfasts: Fundy Heights B&B
Cruise Champion and Tour Guide of the Year
These awards recognize an organization, group or vendor that provided outstanding service to cruise passengers and the Tour Guide who received the most nominations by cruise passengers.
- Cruise Champion: Dave Forestell, Slocum & Ferris
- Tour Guide of the Year: Jane LeBlanc, Aquila Tours
These awards recognize groups, individuals or organizations who build or bring significant events to Greater Saint John.
- Festival Of The Year: Saint John Festival Of Sail Sporting
- Event Of The Year: 2017 Adult & Junior Dart Championships
- Meetings & Events: QMJHL Annual Sessions & Midget Entry Draft
‘Locals Know’ Awards
These are Greater Saint John’s top restaurant and attraction as judged by the community through social media.
- Top Attraction: Saint John City Market
- Top Restaurant: Saint John Ale House
Economic Driver Award
This award is given to an event that has been a significant economic catalyst in our region benefiting the industry, the community at large and raising the profile of Saint John.
- Winner: 2017 East Coast Music Awards
The Legacy Award is handed out annually by Hospitality Saint John to an organization, event or event organizer who has established a track record as an exemplary partner and asset to the hospitality industry and the community over the long term.
- Winner: The New Brunswick Museum
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.