Do you love Uptown Saint John? Do you have a passion for helping businesses thrive? Do you have a background in marketing, design or event-planning? If so, we might have a job for you!
The local not-for-profit Business Improvement Association Uptown Saint John Inc. is looking for a self-motivated and energetic individual to fill a full-time Marketing Coordinator position. The Marketing Coordinator is a vital role responsible for creating and organizing our signature events, as well as supporting our membership in the areas of project management, marketing, graphic design, and program implementation. This position involves collaboration with the City of Saint John, the Uptown Saint John business community, and reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Promoting & marketing the Uptown area as a place to do business, via with the creation of brochures, banners, rack cards and digital media;
- Providing a proactive approach to manage all social media platforms;
- Creating marketing plans & maintaining budgets for each initiative;
- Organizing and executing events for all business sectors we represent in the BIA;
- Representing the Uptown Saint John brand through marketing collateral with the highest of standards;
- Maintaining comprehensive project management records;
- Remaining updated on, and implementing, marketing best practices;
- Overseeing and working closely with the Marketing Committee; including maintaining a volunteer team and hosting regular meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:*
The Ideal Candidate should possess the following:
- Completed post-secondary education in communications/marketing or a related field;
- A minimum 2 years of related experience;
- Event management and program delivery; providing goals and outcomes for each
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing principles and practices;
- Strong skills and experience with Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, and social media;
Adobe InDesign, Illustrator would be considered an asset.
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment as well as independently with minimal direction.
*An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Applicants are asked to forward a cover letter and curriculum vitae clearly demonstrating their relevant skills and experience. Please include “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Source: Uptown Saint John