Once the gifts are opened and the parties are over, it’s time for the Christmas tree to move on. To help you, the City will once again be offering its free and convenient annual Christmas tree drop-off program in the new year. Please ensure all decorations have been removed from your tree prior to dropping it off. All sites will be open from January 1 to January 12, 2023.
- Charles Gorman Arena – 80 University Avenue, North
- Crescent Valley – Between 30 and 38 Taylor Avenue, North
- Peter Murray Arena – 711 Dever Road, West
- Forest Hills Ball Field – 651 Westmorland Road, East
- *Old Sugar Refinery – 330 Charlotte Street, South/Central Peninsula
*South/Central Peninsula residents are advised that the specific drop-off site commonly referred to as the “Old Sugar Refinery” is located at the very end of Charlotte Street and Vulcan Street. Trees are not to be deposited at the Bulk Terminal Truck Entrance or any other location on Port Saint John property.
Look for the designated area at each location. Sites will be plowed and maintained for the safety of the public and workers.
If you are unable to drop off your Christmas tree to a designated site, you can:
- Remove all decorations and trim
- Delimb the tree and cut up the trunk and branches into manageable blocks (must be no longer than four feet and must be smaller than the diameter of two inches)
- Place blocks and branches in your compost cart for removal on your regular garbage and compost collection day.
We thank you for your cooperation.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.