Public Notice is hereby given that the Common Council of The City of Saint John intends to consider giving third reading to the bylaw entitled, “By-Law Number C.P. 111-142 A Law to Amend the Zoning By-Law of The City of Saint John” at its meeting of November 28, 2022.
The amendment affects a number of sections of the Zoning By-Law and includes the following:
- Modifing the definition of a «minor utility service building or structure» to include public washrooms;
- Eliminating the minimum building height requirement in the Park zone;
- Replacing existing Barrier Free Parking provisions with new provisions;
- Eliminating the minimum gross floor area requirement in the Regional Commercial (CR) Zone;
- Increasing the fees for Development Permits to $250 and including specific requirements for site plans to be submitted with Development Permit applications;
- Amending the provisions for Converted Dwellings;
- Eliminating the minimum floor areas for dwelling units in multiple unit dwellings in certain residential zones;
- Allowing Crisis Care Facilities as a permitted use in additional zones and amending the provisions governing the location of Crisis Care Facilities in the Urban Centre Residential (RC) zone;
- Amending the maximum gross floor area requirement for garden suites.
In accordance with the Local Governance Act, the bylaw will be read in summary only, if no member of Council objects.
Jonathan Taylor, City Clerk