For over 30 years Mel has been dedicated to political engagement with a focus on improving his City, Province and Country. He has worked with all levels of Government leadership including Municipal, Provincial and Federal to identify issues and develop solutions. He has been elected and appointed to many executive positions.
Mel’s professional life includes the fields of Management, Sales and Customer Service. Mel is a natural coach with an ability to get the best out of those he works with.
Mel is an extremely detail oriented person and likes to make sure all the boxes are checked to ensure a successful outcome. He spends time with all those who he comes in contact with to build a relationship and make mutual connections.
Mel, his wife Pam, and their son Joshua live in Forest Hills. Mel runs a modular home company and still maintains an active real estate cliental with Pam. He is the oldest of five children, three sisters, Jill Eckstone, Amy Wade and Elizabeth Cairns and a brother Mike.
Mel understands the demands of political office as he grew up in a very political household with his father, Mel Vincent Sr who was the longest serving member of Saint John council including Deputy Mayor for over 30 years.
Professional, Political and Volunteer Work
- Residential Appraiser
- Real Estate Broker
- Commercial REALTOR
- Residential REALTOR
- Member Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Member Canadian Real Estate Association
- Member NB Real Estate Association
- Member Saint John Real Estate Board
- Numerous Executive positions at the Provincial and Federal levels of the PC Party
- Chair of SJREB Appeals Tribunal
- Secretary/ Treasurer SJRE Board
- Chair SJREB Finance Committee
- Director SJREB
- Member NBAREA Political Action Committee
- Chair Saint John Alzheimer Society
- Past Director – NB Alzheimer Society
- Past Director – Worksafe NB; member of various subcommittee such as Finance & Services
- Director NBREA
- CREA Futures subcommittee
- Worshipful Master of The Corinthian #13 Lodge; member of the finance committee, Chair of leasing committee and Chair of the future committee
- Coach with Saint John Youth Hockey Association.
Professional Experience (Detailed)
- Welcome Back Homes: May 2019-Current, General Manager
- Oakhill Homes & Realty: May 2011-May 2019, Broker
- Exit Realty Specialists: June 2007-Current, REALTOR
- Province Of NB: October 2006-June 2007, Policy & Research Officer
- Enterprise Saint John: 2005-2006, Immigration Project Manager
- Melkar Ltd: 1995-2005, Owner
- University of British Columbia: Sauder School of Business, Real Estate Appraisal & Investment, 2009 – 2011
- University Of New Brunswick: Fredericton, NB, Bachelor of Arts – Political Science, 1989
- Universite de Moncton: French Immersion, 1988
Numerous professional development programs
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.