The Uptown Saint John Clean Crew is looking for a friendly, hardworking team member for the summer of 2021.
Working with the membership of Uptown Saint John (Business Improvement Area) and reporting to the Uptown Saint John BIA, the Uptown Saint John Clean Crew Member will create and maintain a clean, welcoming, and safe environment for Uptown Saint John residents, visitors, and tourists.
The Uptown Saint John Clean Crew Member will work cooperatively with other members of the team to: maintain streets and sidewalks; remove graffiti; paint public realm items; assist with poster removal; and kiosk and pole collar duties as required within the defined area of Uptown Saint John (BIA).
This position is based on a 35-hour workweek, June – October.
Daily responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Sweeping up all forms of litter and garbage on sidewalks, curbs, and gutters throughout Uptown Saint John
- Provide information regarding Uptown Saint John residents, visitors, and tourists to enhance their experience
- Crew Member is responsible for assessing situations, identifying problems, and implementing solutions
- Crew Member is responsible for reporting to work on time, in uniform, and perform their duties as required
- Report to the Uptown Saint John staff any damaged or worn-looking banners, flower baskets, planter boxes, benches, bike racks, litter bins, newspaper boxes, mailboxes, buildings, all necessary repairs to kiosks/pole collars, and any irregularities on the streets – burned-out lights, cracks in sidewalks, loose bricks, broken trees, graffiti
Other responsibilities may include:
- Attend to key areas of high visibility, particularly during high-traffic events, and activities help in the Uptown Saint John area (e.g. Saint John Buskers, Canada Day, etc)
- Assist with summer events coordinated by Uptown Saint John BIA
- Assist office staff with set-up and/or tear-down of events
- Responsible for the painting of street amenities such as bike racks, street benches, signposts, and decorative lamp posts
- Poster removal from kiosks and pole collars twice a month
- Remove posters, handbills, and flyers from lampposts and other surfaces within the Uptown Saint John BIA
- Maintain community bulletin boards
- Assist with the graffiti removal program, and report problem areas to the Operations Supervisor
- Other duties as required.
- Drivers license
- Work with little or minimal, supervision
- The ability to operate machinery (forklift/tractor) would be considered an asset.
Submit your resume by email to Nick@UptownSaintJohn, or drop it at our office at 17 Canterbury Street.