We are looking for someone who is passionate about growing the Saint John regional economy. You will work with local and Provincial partners to develop and implement strategic initiatives to support employers in accessing a continuous stream of talent for their companies. This is a contract position. Annual renewal is based on available funding.
Please find details of job description and requirements,
Enterprise Saint John is the regional economic development agency serving the five regional municipalities of Grand Bay-Westfield, Rothesay, Quispamsis, St. Martins, and Saint John.
The Workforce Development Officer will work with local and Provincial partners to develop and implement strategic initiatives to support employers in accessing a continuous stream of talent for their companies. This is a contract position. Annual renewal is based on available funding.
- Facilitate industry/educational partnerships to meet regional workforce needs
- Work with employers, and population growth partners to support the successful execution of strategic national and international talent recruitment missions
- Support the development of community-oriented promotional material for national and international recruitment missions
- Lead the development and maintenance of recruitment material and relocation information to support employers needs
- Identify and facilitate targeted training opportunities to meet employer needs
- Capture regional HR data and report insights to other team members and stakeholders
- Support regional job fairs
- Participate as an active member in the South West Action Team on workforce development
- Work with ONB Workforce Strategist to identify, compile, manage and analyze labour market information
- Work with partners to build greater awareness of existing programs to support employers in accessing talent
Who are you?
- You have proven experience (minimum of 3-5 years) in Project Management, or Human Resource Management
- You have a post-secondary degree in a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- You are passionate about growing the Saint John regional economy.
- You are adept at building internal and external relationships and you have a large network of business contacts.
- You have extensive knowledge of the region, job market, and government organizations.
- You are effective at prioritizing, monitoring and managing multiple initiatives at one time.
- You are an effective communicator, adept at presenting detailed factual and conceptual information on issues that require explanation and interpretation.
- You have well-developed writing and presentation skills to prepare material where articulation of ideas or opinions is necessary to effectively communicate.
- You are a skilled negotiator, creative problem solver and have well-developed influencing and relationship management skills.
- You are recognized for your attention to detail, organization skills and ability to prioritize deliverables.
- You enjoy collaborating with a dynamic team and are continuously seeking ways to add value.
- You consistently contribute fresh ideas and innovative solutions for your organization and your clients.
- You are at your best when you are challenged and thrive on getting results.
- You value recognition, giving back to your community and comradery with your colleagues.
- You work hard and are fun to have around.
Written and spoken competency in English. French language competency and any additional language capabilities would be considered an asset. Please state your language capability.
Location and Hours
The position will operate out of Enterprise Saint John’s office at 40 King Street in Saint John, NB. You may be required to work beyond normal business hours of 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Occasional travel within and outside of the province is an operational requirement.
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to demonstrate on their applications, including a cover letter, how, when, and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position.
- Resumes should be in chronological order specifying the beginning and end dates in month and year format for all completed education and employment including part-time and full-time employment.
Submissions must be received by end of day on Friday, February 9th, 2017 and should be emailed to Sue Crozier, Senior Administrative Assistant- email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.