The Atlantic Bibles for Missions (BFM) Thrift Store at 120 McDonald Street in the Loch Lomond Mall is celebrating its one year anniversary! Join them for a First Anniversary Celebration on Saturday August 27th, 2016 from 10 am to 5 pm. There will cake, live entertainment, and in-store specials. Enter to win a diamond ring starting right now! With every $10 purchase or more you will be entered to win a diamond ring to be drawn at the Anniversary Party on Saturday at 3 pm. You must be in attendance to win but you can enter as often as you want, with every sale, so come in often for a chance to win!
So please come check out the beautiful store and say hello to Manager, Kevin Smith. They are open Monday to Wednesday from 10 am to 5 pm, Thursday and Friday from 10 am to 7 pm, and Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm. The store is closed on Sunday and holidays.
BFM is a volunteer-driven, non-denominational Christian organization that operates thrift stores across Canada. One of the store’s main focuses is to generate funds for the Bible League of Canada, to help distribute Bibles worldwide. Another focus is being good stewards of the earth. All BFM stores are environmentally conscious.
They will accept all types of new and gently used items that are clean and in saleable condition such as:
- Clothing in good condition with buttons and zippers that zip, shoes and boots, hats, mittens and scarves
- Furniture such as dressers, cabinets, tables, chairs, desks, sofas, bed frames (pickup and delivery service available)
- Housewares such as dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, pots and pans and small appliances
- Knick Knacks, collectibles, pictures, frames, china, and glassware
- Sporting goods such as bikes, trikes, golf clubs, “smaller size” exercise equipment, skates, toboggans and skis
- Jewellery, electronics and “newer model” computers
- Tools, hardware, lawn and garden items
- Games, toys and puzzles, books for all ages, records, Cds, DVDs, and video tapes
- Linens, towels and blankets
- And anything else that can be resold.